Thursday, April 28, 2011

Title Scheduler...Your wish is MY command.

My position at Family Abstract, Inc. is loan scheduler.  This position, while quite glamorous is unwanted by most people in the title business.  It means never saying “no”, always being willing to accommodate your clients needs, being sweet as honey and always, I mean ALWAYS being able to find a closer.
You may be saying to yourself, that it sounds easy and truthfully I can say I enjoy my job, but truth be told it does not always go as smoothly as one would think.  Sometimes I find myself receiving a scheduling request at 4:58 p.m. for a closing at 7 p.m. that night.  They want what???  Yes, I read correctly.  Tonight at 7 p.m.  I, of course respond with, of course we can accommodate that.  I quickly begin my search for an available closer.  Hoping and praying that all my closers aren’t already booked for 7 p.m. which happens to be when everyone wanted to close that night.  Oh my goodness, the minutes are ticking by and everyone is booked.  Finally, after what seems like a lifetime I am able to locate a closer who can fit this last minute closing in.  I am thanking God that the borrowers were flexible because, since it took a little bit for me to locate a notary they would never make it to the borrower’s home by 7 p.m., after all we just sent the edocs.  They still have to print and make copies for the borrower.
In the end, I feel good that I have done my job and once again accommodated a seemingly impossible closing scenario.  When people work together to get the big picture accomplished it makes for better business, loyal clients and most importantly happy borrowers.
…all in a days work.  Is there anything else that I can help you with?

No comments:

Post a Comment