Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Rosemary & The Bee

My second tattoo!!!  I am so thrilled with it. 

A little over a month ago I wrote about just getting my first tattoo, The Claddagh.  I wrote how I had waited for years while that image sat in my head.  It turned out beautifully.  Karly, from The Inkwell in Southampton, PA, was able to take what was in my brain and work her magic.  The day I was tattooed with the claddagh I had told Karly about the second tattoo that I wanted and the meaning behind it.  Is it at all possible that this one be as beautiful as my first?


Yes, it is possible!!  While the the most recent one hurt like hell, it was well worth the pain.  The flower in the picture is a sprig of the herb rosemary; most people aren't aware that when rosemary blooms it is has beautiful purple flower.  Rosemary was my mother name, she passed away suddenly just five days before Christmas.  The bee is representing my father, the term "the bee's knees" was a favorite phrase of his while we were growing and is now the symbol I use in the team that I lead in The Miles for Myeloma 5k held right here in Philadelphia.  The 5k benefits the ongoing research for The Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation.  The team I lead is in honor of my father who has been suffering from this type of cancer for 3+ years.

This tattoo quickly became something that I wanted immensely.  I took Karly's first available appointment, and let her take what was in my head once again, this very special tribute to my parents, that she put on paper then on my skin where it will remain forever.


My mom is probably shaking her head at me for what she would consider 'ruining my body', especially with a tribute to her.  Pop will say it's beautiful...secretly thinking that I could get it removed someday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment