Monday, November 12, 2012

Veteran's Day

I work with some amazing young women at my second job.  Today I am writing about one in particular. 

Today is Veteran's Day, a day to uplift  & honor ALL of those men & women who have served or are still serving.  Without all of these people who voluntarily give their lives to our country, our sons, brothers, fathers, friends would be called to war & deployment.  These fearless people put their lives on the line for American's everyday.


There is a 18 year girl that I work with who honors and thanks the armed forces for their bravery every single opportunity that she has.  She asked my opinion the first time she approached a soldier; "do you think I should thank him?", before I could say "yes", she was right there.  She has since made this a habit, a habit all of us civilians should practice. 

It is so nice when you can learn from the young, and I am so blessed to know outstanding people like this one.  It's refreshing to know that these kids are our future.  Some are truly inspiring.

God bless our Veterans everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment