Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Uninvited Stranger

A few weeks ago an uninvited stranger moved into my home.  Leo, my dog, & I saw him at the same time.  It caught us both off-guard.

This stranger that I speak of is of the furry variety, a field mouse has takes residence in "the attic" (that's what I call my home),  as I said this mouse is of course, unwanted, at least by me. Leo, however, has made friends with the vermin.  At first I went out and bought a trap that gets loaded with bait and it is supposed to trap the critter; seemed perfect.  I set it that night, the trap was empty in the morning, when I returned from work the trap was gone.  What the heck happened?  I searched all over only to find it in our bathroom?!?  The dog moved the trap; that's right, the dog moved the trap in hopes to save his new furry best friend.

It is now two against one & totally unfair, so I bought more traps.  The last thing that I want to do is see a gross mouse smushed to it death, but I can't handle a live mouth on a glue trap either.  Crap!! 

Why is this happening to me??  I picked up a fancy glue trap devise that said it traps the mouse on the glue and I wouldn't be able to see it once trapped.  This was just up my ally.  Only, the mouse ignored the traps.

I have finally moved on to the good ol' fashioned "snap" mouse trap.  I set it up with peanut butter, careful to keep it out of the way from Leo (if he tried moving these traps it would certainly be bad, painful business for him).  Again...FAIL.  What does a girl have to do to evict a rodent?  NUTELLA.

How could I have forgotten that along with everyone one who lives in this house, he must think he is fancy?  I switched up the peanut butter with Nutella and went to bed.  It was as I was reading when I heard the snap.  This is the moment that I had been waiting for & dreaded at the same time.  I stalled getting out of bed to see what exactly had happened.  I got a broom and bravely went to the trap, flipped it over and NOTHING!  NOTHING.  That little bastard had escaped my efforts once again.

I am not a murderer but I do want this rodent dead.  I won't get a cat, trust me everyone has suggested it. (I am terribly allergic!)  This mouse has worn out his welcome.

So the saga continues...One thing I do know is that unwanted visitors seem to love it at The Attic.

No comments:

Post a Comment