Monday, August 26, 2013

Alluring? Not so much.

I have to get something off of my chest, maybe someone can help me with this.

I am all over social media. Yea, that's right, I admit it and I have no intention of giving it up anytime soon.  However, there are a few things that I will never understand.  One of these things is girls sticking their tongues out in pictures.

I know a lot of young ladies; these girls are both smart and beautiful and almost all of them have pictures posted on their social media sites with their tongues out.  I am not trying to judge, I am just wondering when this became alluring or popular?!?

When I was younger, sticking your tongue out was something that you'd "tell on" your brother or sister for.  It was certainly not meant to be anything positive.

There is one picture and one picture only of me with my tongue out.  Bryan was young and we were being silly, goofing around with our cool "new" digital camera.


Clearly not meant to hot, attractive or seductive.  So, what happened to make this so commonplace now?  Does this mean I am getting old?  How can this be an attractive look?

Next maybe someone can explain the "duck face" to me, and NO there will never be a picture of me doing that face, joking around or not.



No comments:

Post a Comment