Friday, December 20, 2013

MOM

Mother 
[muhth-er]  - noun
1. Someone who will love you unconditionally, till her last breath.

Today is 2 years since my mom passed away.  December 20th is always going to be hard.

I am selfishly missing my mom this year, more than last.  I say selfishly because I am a believer in the afterlife. I believe that my mom's spirit gets to hang out with EVERYONE that she cares about on Earth all of the time, and at the same time if she chooses.  She is finally reunited with her parents, aunts, uncles and best friend from high school who passed away just a few months before her.

In Heaven's perfection I know that there is no more pain, no more stress and all love.  I said selfishly because if we know that there is this place, this plane, this dimension, so close to Earth why wouldn't we want the people who have crossed over to be there?  So close to us that sometimes we can literally feel them, but far enough to live in perfection.

I selfishly want to celebrate Christmas one more time with my mom.  I want to wrap my arms around her and tell her how much I love her.  I want to say bye; then I reflect (as I do - A LOT) that my wants don't matter, God knew what he was doing.  He knew that I didn't have to say bye because she is here, she is celebrating and she knows that I love her.

There is this "new normal" way of doing things; without her they seem weird and a little awkward perhaps, we're still getting used to them. It's going to be OK because it's all part of His plan; time and the love of family and friends, heals all wounds.


My Christmas Angel Forever







No comments:

Post a Comment