Monday, August 29, 2011

Shaking my fist at YOU August! Jerk.

Just when you think one month has handed you enough, it can only get uglier when a hurricane is in the forecast.  The network news started beating us over the head with Irene days before she was set to enter the Northeast United States.  I may be paranoid or maybe I am having a really really hard time these days liking our government, but I think that they may have over-played how bad the storm was.  I know from pictures and new stories that there are places that got hit by Hurricane Irene very badly and I hope that those families are safe.  My own power didn't come back on until last night; but for gas stations to be sold out of gas 24 full hours before one drop of rain fell is ridiculous.  The network news stations were telling people to make sure that their cars were filled and if they needed to, head west.  They were also telling people to buy the supplies needed to make sandbags to prevent flooding; go out and buy ice and bottled water.  I honestly think that the government road the news of this storm and played us, the puppets that they master, to spend money, money that none of really have, for fear of our safety; when in many circumstances there was very little to fear.  Like I stated earlier, I may just be paranoid...

Today, my son & I had our 6 month dental check-up.  I generally like my dentists & my hygienist, I make my appointment with the same one every visit, except for today.  Today, I got Cathy, the hygienist from hell, since my normal hygienist was on vacation.  This woman made the one full hour that I was in that chair a terrible dental memory.  She had a heavy hand, and let's face facts, no one wants a heavy handed dental hygienist.  Now, I am not one to let someone put me in pain (or accuse me of not flossing) with out fighting back.  I went into bitch mode, at one point I even pushed her hand out of my mouth.  Hint, hint, I am paying you for this service so ease up.  The hygienist that was working on my son came in to my exam room to tell me how great Bryan was, how charming, & handsome; all the while I was thanking her, I was saying with my eyes, 'HELP MEEEEEE'!  She didn't pick put on it.  AWESOME.  I knew that she knew my feelings when she went to make my appointment and said "Would you like to make your appointment for the same time and day?  Don't worry, I normally don't work Monday nights."  I said, "ABSOLUTELY!!"

The good news is that there are only 2 more days left in the God forsaken month.  The bad news is that there are still 2 more days left.


No comments:

Post a Comment