Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Get Rhythm.

Today has been one complete week since I had gone to the gym, while that may not sound like a big deal to most, it totally is to me.  When my gym peeps start leaving messages on my Facebook wall wondering where I am, you know too many days have gone by.  To be honest, I got a second job.  I don't work a ton of hours at my second job yet, but I am working and it is EXHAUSTING!!!  Seriously, I was not expecting this.  I usually work out a minimum of 4 or 5 days a week, how could a second job be wearing me out the way it is?!?

I did get to the gym tonight with zero intention on going to a class.  Tonight I needed to run.  Tonight I didn't want to hear a cheery voice in front of the class pushing me to nth degree.  Tonight I needed the rhythm of the run.  My time running is very much like meditation.  I focus on the rhythm; my steps and my breath.  Yes, I do have music playing on my iPod, but most of the time I am thinking about nothing.  If anyone mediates that is the ultimate goal; to clear your mind of everything. (not always an easy task!)
I absolutely needed this tonight, just needed the peacefulness that I knew was within.  I am so glad that I found it.


2 comments:

  1. It's been a very long time since I ran for exercise but there is one thing I remember: I could never run and think at the same time. Maybe it's my ethnic background; maybe my limited mentality. Either way, it cleared my mind. LOL! I'm glad my knees gave out and now I have a lame excuse for not running anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lame excuse. LOL...i get it & love it!! pun intended.

    ReplyDelete