Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger - FOR REAL!

I have said before that I love my YMCA!!  It is so important to my well being; my mental, my spiritual & of course, physical well being.  BUT...this week it is kicking my @ss.  I spend most of my time in group exercise classes.  My YMCA provides Les Mills fitness classes to it's members.  These classes are all choreographed to music and taught by Les Mills certified instructors.  SO, these classes are no joke.

This past weekend there were a couple of new releases.  Les Mills does this every few months.  Holy moley!!  These have been the toughest releases I can remember for a while.  Every ounce of me is sore & they haven't even launched the new Body Flow & Body Combat yet.  UGH!! 

I am not going to let these new releases kick my butt for long!!  I have my Y Crew.  We cheer each other on all the time.  We notice when each other go above & beyond; & we are elated when each of us bust through our personal goals, almost like we did it ourselves.  It's a pretty cool feeling to have so many people have your back.  The Crew will all be kicking butt in no time!!  Every time we get through another class, we are stronger in EVERY sense of the word. 

For now, Advil is my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment