Friday, July 22, 2011

Dance like no one is watching.

This evening, right after I completed two classes at the gym, I made a beeline for Rita's Water Ice.  Today reached 105 degrees in the suburbs, not that it is an excuse, but it was needed after a long busy week at work and a hard workout.

While I was in line, a family was in front of me with a toddler boy.  This little guy was so cute.  He was so excited to be getting custard he was doing this anxious, happy dance.  I couldn't help but giggle at this & think how easy it is to be happy at the simple things when you're young.  This kid was SO happy, SO happy he was dancing.  When was the last time you were that happy by something as simple as custard?

I, myself, love Wawa's Diet Green Iced Tea.  People who know me know that it is my cold beverage of choice (when I'm not drinking water).  It has been referred to as my "crack".  This week I received a surprise Diet Green Ice Tea on my desk.  If I wasn't so busy at work, I would've danced.  Seriously. 

As an adult, it is hard to please people with simplicity, but to me it is the fact that I was thought about, even if only for a second.  Who doesn't love being thought about?  I love doing little things for people.  It makes me so happy to pay-it-forward.  You don't have to spend money to make someone's day. 
This week I received a message on my Facebook from an old friend who used to work with me years ago.  We have very similar personalities and we always got along so well.  She simply said that over the years I have crossed her mind and she reads my blog and can hear me speaking though it.  I am still smiling from this message.  Two huge compliments.  I don't even know if she knew how great it was for me to hear from her.  Well, she knows now. :)  I think more people should be like that. 

Everyone wants to know they're thought of.  It made me wanna dance!

2 comments:

  1. The simple things are the best things! Sitting here blowing kisses to my granddaughter - all I need is to see her smile and my day is complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 14 month old niece does the happy dance when she sees my son, she actually shudders with excitement.

    ReplyDelete