Sunday, July 17, 2011

Well, not-so-much a city...

Today was a bit of a lazy day.  I woke up late, surfed the internet while I drank my coffee, ran a couple of errand, went on a walk with the dog & watched, surprisingly, the Sex and the City movie.  Yes.  You read correctly.  I never watched it when it was on HBO, mostly because I didn't get HBO.  Sometimes, because I am a night owl, I catch it in syndication.

For years people have told me that I remind them of Carrie Bradshaw (the main character &  narrator), on Sex and the City.  Today, for the first time I saw it.  We have similar hair (which I already knew), she sometimes is pretty, and sometimes not-so-much, she is stylish (I try to be...if I only had more occasion to be.) & she writes what she knows.  In most episodes, she is just as confused as I am.  Maybe that is why I didn't turn the channel.  She is single, looking for love and trying to weed out the losers, I'm sorry...the undeserving.  She has her Mr. Big, as did I (not anymore).  Carrie turns to her friends for everything and they teach her so many life lessons.  Carrie & her friends lives make for stories that are relate-able.  We all learn from our friends; the good stuff & bad stuff alike.  Her friends while being beautiful are all very different, strong women who lean on each other.  How many of us have circles like this? 

I know people think that Sex and the City is less than fabulous television & that is OK, but now when someone compares me to Carrie Bradshaw, I don't think I'll just think of her hair.

"Some people are settling down, some people are settling, and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies." ~Carrie Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment