Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Friends are the family that you choose!!

I just finished having an amazing visit with an old friend & I SO NEED IT!!

Everyone has different groups of friends throughout their life, sometimes throughout their day; school friends, work friends, gym friends, childhood friends, etc.; all special, all important, all there to get us through.  I have honestly been blessed beyond belief with so many very special people that have come in (and some out of) my life.  Yes, I love even those people who were once my friend and now are not.  I just do.  I have grown from the relationships I have had, all of them!  I know that there is a reason why they were put in my life & for whatever reason that is or was, I cherish those moments we spent.

I have different friends I go to for different things.  It sounds weird, but it's true.  I tell my best friend of 30+ years EVERYTHING.  The woman is my sister.  Her family is my family.  BUT there are other people who make me feel just as good, who know exactly what to say.  I have friends who I call when I am down about guy things, I have friends that I talk to about family, I even have friends I discuss spiritual stuff with.  I am gifted with these beautiful people who know exactly what to say to me and know when I need them.

There are others who take me away from reality, who, when I am with them I have such a great time that I actually forget the crappy; people who don't necessarily ask the questions, but are just there for me to listen if I want to talk.  They are the ones who make me laugh, who give my shenanigans right back to me and provide a numerous amount of laughter.

Now, don't get me wrong, we've all had our fights.  Holy moley, do we fight!  We are all very passionate people.  I may be a big personality and sometimes that big personality (along with a big mouth) gets me into some trouble, but my friends will give it right back.  How can you not respect that about someone?!?   Unconditional friendship.

Growth.  Not letting someone who means so much slip away.

I also love bringing all my groups of friends together.  It hasn't happened for a little bit (it happened much more often when my accommodations were bigger), but it needs to happen again soon!  I have known all these people for so long that they all are friends too.  One time one of them said to me, it is crazy how all of your different groups of friends get along so well. That statement is one I think about often.  I even found out a couple of years ago that 2 friends from 2 different circles are distant cousins, who grew up in the same town.

I crave my friends; all of these people who I have nestled in my life.  We have been through tons together.  Good things and bad.  They say that is how you know your friends are true, if they stick around through the tough times.  Well, I am proud to say mine are the truest, realest, bestest people in life.  If I am coming off as being proud right now, it is because I am.

Friends are the family that you choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment