Saturday, May 14, 2011

Barossa & Beyond

Last night was a much needed night out.  This past week has been quiet emotional with my dad being in the hospital.  The sleeplessness and everything that comes with that made for a long and torturous week.  My friend invited me out to a wine tasting in the beginning if the week.  I was wishy washy about going, but then gave a solid yes within minutes. 

My friend lives in Philadelphia, near the Art Museum.  She had gotten tickets to a wine tasting at the Wine School of Philadelphia for a wine education & tasting class.  Yes, I get it, I sound like a big dork, but I do love my wine & I do love love to hang out with my girls.  I hopped on the train after work and was in the city in less then an hour.  It was an absolute perfect night to do anything in the city; clear skies & 65 degrees. 

The wine class was called Barossa & Beyond and they were pouring Australian wines; old vine, expensive Australian wines.  Perfection.  The class was really neat, laid back & honest.  I had no idea what to expect. 

The girl, my friend who I went with had asked me all week what she could do to help; I  have trouble asking for help and vocalizing how I feel, but she knew exactly what I needed last night.  It's just funny how people who love you just know.

1 comment: