Friday, May 6, 2011

Loyalty lies in your fan-hood...

I love sports.  A Lot!!  I grew up and live in the suburbs of Philadelphia, a huge sports city; from college sports to professional sports, we have mega-fans.  Philadelphia sports fans have a passion unlike no other.  It's our way or no way.  You want to leave a team for another because they are offering you more money?  We will disown you and shout it from the roof-tops.  You must always choose US, the Philadelphia fans!! Why wouldn't you want to?  We are so friendly in this this City of Brotherly Love.

My absolute favorite sports are baseball & hockey.  I watch almost every Phillies & Flyers game they televise.  The organizations with the longest seasons, I am aware.  It is not a secret that I am loyal in every aspect of my being.  The sports that I choose to love are just another example.  What I enjoy even more is attending the games live.  The Philadelphia fans are just as you imagine them.  We are energetic and emotional.  The fans feed off of each other and the atmosphere at a live game is exhilarating.  Pure adrenaline rush.  I also love to watch lacrosse and soccer.  The Wings are an amazing team who deserve more acknowledgement for their accomplishments and with the addition of the Union we have become a soccer city.  My son grew up playing soccer, so it is a sport that I  thoroughly enjoy and actually understand.  I used to be quite the soccer mom.  In fact my enthusiasm almost got me ejected from a couple of games.  Whoops.

I grew up in a neighborhood of boys.  It was pretty much just my sister and I, then about 7-10 neighborhood boys.  They let me play all the time.  Sports have always been in my blood. I, myself, played softball until I was in high school, but always exercised and have always tried to stay physical.

Tonight, I sit here watching the Philadelphia Flyers in the Stanley Cup Playoffs while I am following the Philadelphia Phillies via smart phone.  Whatever sport you chose to direct your fan-hood be loyal and make sure that you are having a good ol' fashion fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment