Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Jersey Shore

Last night I couldn't sleep.  As, I mentioned before, my father has Multiple Myeloma.  He has been in the hospital since Saturday.  He went in for a intestinal infection and is still there.  The doctors aren't hopeful that any further treatment will help because he is just too sick; hence the sleeplessness.

While I was up last night, I was thinking back to when I was a teenager.  All my friends loved Pop,  he was always good for a story and a joke.  My pop was actually not totally uncool.  Weird right?!?  That is why when he would ask me to go down the sea shore with him for the day, I would always say yes.  Sometimes just us with our radio, sometimes I would bring a  friend; truth be told, I always liked it better when it was just Pop and I.  We are one soul.  He is my hero.

Multiple Myeloma is slowly draining him of his time here on earth and I hate it.  I understand him and he tries to understand me.  We don't always see eye to eye, we fight like no other, but there is no one else I would rather go down the shore with.  I will never ever look at the sand and surf without thinking of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment