Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Beer muscles?

Beer muscles: a toughness or bravado one shows when aided by consuming many beers.

We all are familiar with the term "beer muscles".  We have often been witness to such acts of bravado or may be even have partaken in flexing those muscles.
Well, I have to admit, I think I have the same situation when I drink wine.  I may not want to beat people up, nope not at all. Here is where I my problem lies: I am going to confess, that when I drink 2 or more glasses of wine I think that I am super yoga/Pilate girl.  This, my friends, is a total non-truth, but I find myself "practicing" (or trying to practice) yoga.  This is not a recent occurrence.  I can remember being at parties and all of a sudden my friends and I are breaking out into a teaser and various other Pilate postures/exercises while playing drinking games.  All of us wondering why we were more then just hung over the next morning, but actually sore from working out...well, kind of working out. 
I am not sure what makes me think I can hold these poses when I am tippling because I have a hard enough time when I am in a flow class, but there I am in my living room in tree pose, or practicing Lola.  The Crane, seriously I have no business pursuing Mr. Bird Pose just yet, without killing myself that is.  It doesn't stop me from trying.

Maybe I am flirting with this insanity; and we ALL know that flirting comes much easier with a couple of drinks.  So I've heard. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I feel so foolish now. If I had known I could do wine with my pilates I might have stuck with it. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete