Saturday, June 4, 2011

"OH SH*T!!" No one made it...

We delivered "the goods"; "the goods", being my dad, to the University of Pennsylvania last night.  They didn't end up calling my parents to let them know that a bed was ready until after 6 pm.  Thank goodness my mom made the decision to catch a train as start down to the city about an hour before the call. When we arrived we had to wait an hour for the room to be clean.  We were thinking this must be a hell of a hospital room!! & it was!!!

When we got up to his floor and were waiting at the nurses station where we happened upon this wall;
 where I immediately looked and was puzzled by the lack of photos in the frames, then my mom caught my quizzical look at the wall.  Finally, Pop turned around...he shocking said, "OH SH*T!  No one made it." and laughed...
He still has his sense of humor!  Like I said he expects you to laugh and be fun.  No gloomy Guses in his presence.

His biggest fear was that we had to take the 11 pm train home & that we might run into hoodlems.  I reassured him that I had it covered.  I'm not sure that he believed me, but I knew that we were going to be just fine.  I take combat classes afterall.

Pop will be in the University of Pennsylvania for a couple more days until they can lower his blood's viscosity to a normal, more healthy level.  While he is not happy to be a patient, I know that he is the best hands in the tri-state area for his type of cancer & if anything was to happen he is being well taken care of.  I know this makes my mom less anxious and right now she needs to grab any break she can get. 

2 comments:

  1. SMB, you can call us any time you or your family needs a ride. We will always get you there! SML

    PS - humor is the best medicine - for the patient and the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SML!! I don't know what I did to deserve people like you in my life. <3

    ReplyDelete