Thursday, June 9, 2011

Last Stop presents HOCUS POCUS - proceeds to benefit THE BEE'S KNEES!

THE BEE'S KNEES is the team that I lead annually in The Miles for Myeloma 5k walk/run.  My father Jim Burns is currently battling this wretched cancer.  It is a debilitating cancer of the blood plasma which stems from bone marrow. 
When I was planning this years walk, I had asked my friends to re-post donation links on Facebook or forward weekly emails to their friends and family; I wanted so badly to reach my goal.  One night, I received an email from a stranger with the subject 'Interested in donating to The Bee's Knees'.  I opened it and as I was reading I was overwhelmed.  I felt my heart in my mouth, chills and tears in my eyes.  This couldn't be true? I don't even know this guy.  The body of the email had said that this stranger was a friend of one of my long-time friends and he was putting together a show with live entertainment in Doylestown, in June and he was looking for a local charity.  He was wondering if I was interested in The Bee's Knees being that local charity.  He said, I know it won't help for this years (the 5k was in April) event, but it will give you a good start for next year.  More invisible kindness.

On Saturday, June 25th, join me for a night of LIVE ENTERTAINMENT at MUGS ON MAIN STREET in DOYLESTOWN, PA FROM 9 PM -2 AM.  Proceeds and donations to benefit THE BEE'S KNEES!!  Please stop by and say hello!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment